As you might know, Choti is fond of reading books. Her shelf is always full of amazing novels, self-help books, comics, and art books. Her collection is worth having a look.
Many fantastic authors around the world would not let you sleep well until you have completed reading the whole book like Dan Brown, Stephen King, J.K. Rowling, and a lot more. But have you ever read these amazing novels written by Indian authors that will blow your mind and take you to the wonderland adventure?
Here is the list of some best-written books by Indian authors that has been loved worldwide-
- Train to Pakistan– published in 1956, Train to Pakistan describes India at the time of partition. The Mixed genre of horror, drama, and love surrounds a peaceful village which turns dreadful in the urge of taking revenge between Hindus, Sikhs, and Muslims.
I must say, Khushwant Singh’s writings always give goosebumps and rose patriotism in you, like in Calling Sehmat ( also made into the film ‘raazi’).
- The Palace of Illusions– Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni’s award-winning novel the palace of illusions is the story of legendry Hindu mythology “Mahabharata” from the perspective of ‘Draupadi’, the female lead of the book and has portrait a powerful form of feminism, that was not included in the original “Mahabharata”.
- The Guide: A Novel- the guide is R.K. Narayan’s most celebrated novel and award-winning book. The guide is a story of a corrupt guide, who is released from jail and takes refuge in an abandoned temple. The book has many humorous elements along with an emotional one which makes it a lot more interesting
- The god of small things– The Booker-Prize-winning debut novel by Anudhiti Roy tells the story of a family in the 1960s Kerala. The story follows two fraternal twins, their parents, and their extended family, and touches are like casteism and communalism. The story sets dreamlike childish imaginations about certain topics that make you either smile or pity. for The God of Small Things, She has won several awards, such as the Booker Prize (1997), the Sydney Peace Prize (2004), and the National Film Award for Best Screenplay (1989), for her highly acclaimed work.
- The lives of others– it was Shortlisted for the Booker Prize and the Costa Novel Award in 2014, Neel Mukherjee’s second novel is set in 1960s Kolkata and opens with the shocking account of a desperate man, who is unable to feed his starving wife and children and murders them before killing himself. The story depicted human wants of being wealthy and popular and the gap between ‘haves and have not’ sanctions of the society.
- The White Tiger– Arvind Adiga’s The White Tiger is the man booker prize winner and the debut novel of the author. The white tiger of this novel is Balram Halwai, a poor Indian villager whose great ambition leads him to the zenith of Indian business culture, the world of the Bangalore entrepreneur.
7. Witness the night – debut novel of Kishwar Desai is the story of a girl who was found in a house where 13 people were killed and assumed to be the killer by the police. The book won the Costa first novel award in 2010. And surprisingly was written by the author in just four weeks. Wow!!
These were some of the great books written by Indian authors from the Choti ki library. There are more must-read books that will make sure to tell you next time. Hope you have liked it.
Wishing you all the happiness and good health.