Aloe vera or Ghritkumari, as termed in Ayurveda, is super moisturizing, evergreen and one of the most versatile plants to be found in India. Aloe vera is undoubtedly one of the most important medicinal plants. Egyptians from the 16th century called Aloe Vera as the “plant of immortality” due to its endless benefits.
When it comes to Hydrating our skin, Aloe Vera is a Hero ingredient that loads our skin with multi-faceted benefits. From Skincare to Haircare, it is one of the classic miracle ingredients that has its multi-rewarding benefits. Aloe vera is considered to be the true grandma-favored ingredient for skin and hair!
1. ALOE VERA FOR STOMACH: Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory properties. This is why it’s often used to treat sunburns or other minor irritations.
The juice is loaded with vitamins, minerals, and amino acids. Because of this, the juice is said to detoxify the body when taken internally. It may boost digestion and eliminate waste.
Aloe vera juice may also help in lowering cholesterol and reducing blood sugar levels.
2. ALOE VERA FOR HAIR: Aloe vera is a potent cure to hair fall and thinning. Rich in certain proteolytic enzymes to repair the damaged cells on the scalp.
It has healing properties to revive damaged hair follicles, promoting hair growth. Its anti-inflammatory and anti-fungal properties soothe itching and flaking.
Aloe vera gel on its own has been found effective in reducing dandruff.
3. ALOE VERA FOR SKIN: Whether it’s a sunburn, dehydration, or acne-prone skin, aloe vera can heal it all. It contains 75 constituents such as vitamins, enzymes, minerals, sugars, salicylic acids, and amino acids, together play a major role in improving the skin’s health. Aloe vera has certain structural proteins to treat skin and keep it elastic and resilient. Aloe vera keeps the skin supple, elastic, and healthy for a longer time.
5. For clear and hydrated skin
DIY: Aloe vera, honey, and cinnamon face mask – Take 2 tablespoons of pure honey and mix it with 1 tablespoon of pure aloe vera. Add 1/4 tablespoon of ground cinnamon and mix well. Apply the mask to your face, and relax for 5-10 minutes. Rinse well after application.
Aloe vera gel for slow aging of the skin
- DIY: Aloe vera, Brown sugar, and lemon Scrub – Take a tsp lemon peel powder, ¼ cup aloe vera gel, 3 tablespoons of coconut oil, ¼ cup brown sugar and a few drops of lemon (optional). Blend this mixture and apply it on your blemishes and pigmented skin.
Aloe vera is truly a phenomenal plant that can grow anywhere, and not just for skin care, its juice makes a medicinal remedy for treating constipation, hair problems, and much more.